Fire Warden-Marshal Instructors Training Course
Home » Fire Warden-Marshal Instructors Training Course
Fire Warden-Marshal Instructors Training Course
This Fire Warden-Marshal Instructors Training Course is designed to give participants the skills and confidence to deliver their own Fire Warden-Marshal Instructors Training Course to meet the requirements of both the “1981 Fire Services Act” and “Regulation 9 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005″. There is an element of self-directed learning incorporated into this course; the course will be split over 2 Days Training.
Course Duration: 2 day
Times: 9.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
Venue: C1 Centre Point, Business Park, Dublin 12 .
The training format will be as follows:
Pre course learning:
- The presentation and detailed instructor notes will be sent to each participant a week beforehand to allow them to revise the material. “No presentation or notes will be sent, until full payment for the course is received, as there is many months of work and preparation put into the presentations and notes”
Day One – Fire Safety/Science
- Fire Science,
- Development the fire, smoke and small travel
- Fire prevention
- Classes of fire
- The selection and use of fire extinguishers
- Participants will then be trained in the use of extinguishers
During the week long break until the final days training, participants will continue to review the notes and presentation at home.
Day Two – Role of Fire Warden & Emergency Procedures
- Pre–fire/fire/post fire duties of the Fire Warden
- Understanding people’s behaviour in relation to fire
- Emergency plans and evacuation procedures
- Conducting emergency drills
- Presentation Skills
- Emergency lights (overview of general maintenance requirements)
- Fire extinguishers (overview of general maintenance requirements & the functions of)
- Fire alarms (overview of general maintenance requirements)
- Passive fire protection
- Active fire protection
- Running a Fire Warden Course
- Presentation on a defined topic which will be appointed by the instructor
Each participant will then give a demonstration in the use of a foam and CO2 fire extinguisher which will be assessed by our internal assessor here in the training centre.
This course is highly practical and learners will be assessed throughout the 2 days by interaction in the class and during practical demonstrations.
- Each participant will give a demonstration in the use of a foam and CO2 fire extinguisher from an instructor’s perspective, which will be assessed by our internal assessor here in the training centre.
- A 30 minutes written test will also be given at the end of the course.
- Learners will receive a Fire Warden-Marshal Instructor Certificate issued by Guardian Safety.
Course Materials: A memory stick will be provided to all learners this will have all resources necessary for an instructor to deliver their own course.
- Codes of practice
- Fire Warden power point presentation
- Appraisal forms
- Written test, with answers for your own course
- Fire Safety guidance
Once training is completed new instructors are ready to go, no need for you to spend time You will receive a complete Trainers Start-up Pack with everything from your attendance sheets to your slideshow, and movies included also. We also offer an aftercare service free of charge for anyone that takes part in our courses. We will invite you into a training session and allow you to aid in presenting the class, this will give you the confidence to deliver the training session while on the supervision of one of our professional trainers.
Guardian Safety Trainers: Guardian Safety are a FETAC, IOSH and British Safety Council registered training provider and all instructors are fully qualified fire and safely professionals holding “Train the Trainer” certification and are qualified health and safety practitioners.
Maximum participants per course: 10
Who should attend: This course is ideal for trainers assigned with responsibility for training within your organisation or those involved in training on a consultative basis.
Assessment: This course is highly practical and learners will be assessed throughout the day by interaction in the class and during practical demonstrations.
Refresher Training / Certification Validity period: It is recommended to refresh Instructor training at intervals not greater than every 5 years provided you continue to train and keep your knowledge up to date.
Certification: Guardian Safety Fire Warden-Marshal Instructor Certificate is awarded to all participants on successful completion of this course.
Special Instructions for This Course: All participants should have previously completed Fire Warden training and should have delivered some form of training.